Posted Wednesday, July 24th 2013 @ 9am
NASCAR & NBC Sports Group Reach Landmark Media Rights Agreement
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. and NEW YORK
(July 23, 2013) – NASCAR and NBC Sports Group announced
today they have reached a comprehensive agreement that grants NBCUniversal
exclusive rights to the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR
Nationwide Series events, select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events and
other live content beginning in 2015. Financial terms of the agreement, which
runs through the 2024 season, were not disclosed.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Summary of key NBC Sports Group
Exclusive Rights – 2015-2024:
· Final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races (7 on NBC, 13 on NBCSN)
· Final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races (4 on NBC, 15 on NBCSN)
· NASCAR K&N Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events
· NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series events
· NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and season-ending banquets
· ‘TV Everywhere’ live-streaming rights for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series
· Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico)
With this partnership, NBC’s 20 Sprint Cup race schedule includes becoming the exclusive home to the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR’s final 10 races of the season, including its season-ending championship event which will return to network television in 2015 for the first time since 2009.
Of NBC Sports Group’s 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events, seven will be carried on NBC annually, with 13 airing on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). Four of NBC Sports Group’s 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races will air on NBC, with 15 airing on NBCSN.